Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tweeting with A Robot

-->

Sorry, I’ve been lax with my posts lately. Been super swamped at work. Also, devoting what time I have to getting my daily allotment of fiction writing into my schedule.

Lately, I’ve been getting tweets from the Mars Curiosity rover on the red planet. For those of you into NASA and space travel like I am this probably comes as no surprise. It’s funny to think that machines are now on social media and that they don’t even have to be earth-bound.

It gets me to thinking, if you could go anywhere where humans can’t typically go, where would it be? Investigate the bottom of the sea or maybe the heights of Mars? I for one would definitely want to see the Moon or Mars up close, but even a view of Earth from low orbit would suffice…all with a space suit of course!


12 comments:

  1. yeah, somewhere in space would be awesome. I'd love to see the Earth like a blue marble hanging in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both space and the ocean scare me a little, but I wouldn't mind seeing earth from space. It would be an awesome moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark:
    Now this is something of a challenge which needs a little more thought than we can give it right now before breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that looks fun. Off to follow. Thanks, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robots Tweeting - but of course!
    I'd like to see the earth from space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mark, glad to see you blogging. I would love to see the space, moon and mars.

    Have read 7 chapters of Caesar's Revenge. It's a great story and you have done full justice to it. Will email you in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was ever to join Twitter, I'd probably follow MarsCuriosity first. It's amazing to be able to get updates on the rover like that.

    I'd love to just be in space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to learn more about what's in our oceans. I think it would be fantastic to discover a "new" species.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, count me in; but ever since The Abyss I've wanted to see the ocean floor, too -- claustrophobia be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to go to the nearest planet with its star's habitable zone (if there is oxygen and the mass/gravity isn't crushing). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very rad responses!

    @Rachna - I replied via email:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does time travel count? I really want to time travel.

    ReplyDelete