Friday, January 30, 2015

Career Day

I was recently invited to speak during Career Day at my old high school. Needless to say, I had a blast! It was pretty cool getting to connect with students and talk about writing, both Technical Writing and Fiction Writing.

I hadn’t been back to my high school since I graduated fourteen years ago, so it was kind of a trip to see all that had changed. The students were awesome though, and really enthusiastic to learn more about how they could make a living as a writer of one sort or another in the working world. I’d definitely go back and speak again.

I know we writers are supposed to be somewhat introverted and stick to written text, but I actually enjoy public speaking and have a lot of fun connecting with people interested in writing. If I enjoy speaking at the upcoming San Francisco Writer’s Conference half as much as I did speaking at Career Day, then I’m sure I’ll have a great time there too. Wish me luckJ  


No comments:

Post a Comment