Monday, February 1, 2016

Spoke at My Old High School


Last week I had the opportunity to speak at my old high school again, this year telling students all about my new upcoming book! I was genuinely surprised by how interested my audience was in writing and they wanted not only to learn all about my novel, but also how they could make careers in writing themselves. Man, was high school always this cool?

I may not be exactly be longing for my teen years again, but I've got to admit that it was pretty fun to interact with students and share our thoughts on writing and art in general. I've also gotten pretty comfortable talking about my book in front of groups, which helps since I'll be speaking to an audience of several hundred people in a couple weeks at the upcoming San Francisco Writer's Conference.

So how's your February going? Any fond writing or reading-related memories from your school days come to mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment