Monday, November 28, 2016

Speaking at a Book Club

I had the pleasure of speaking at a book club the other night…a book club that just finished reading my novel! Pretty cool, right? Needless to say, I had a stellar time and the wonderful ladies who read Between Two Fires are all jazzed up for the sequel when it comes out.

I’d never spoken at a book club gathering before, let alone one where they had read my debut novel. I was honored to be invited and everyone had really great questions for me. It was definitely surreal to hear people discuss characters and events from my novel with such conviction and accuracy…characters and places that previously only existed in my imagination. This has turned out to be one of the benefits of being a writer that I’ve found a lot of joy in, the coming alive of my characters in other people’s minds and perspectives.

Anyhow, the book tour keeps growing, a bit more than I anticipated, but all for the best. I keep getting invited to events in which to speak and share my book. I’ll update you once I get a few more dates confirmed, but it looks like I’ll be speaking at gatherings well into next summer at this rate. Yay for book readings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment